Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Swap Meet + haul!

Hey everyone!



Fairly short entry today. This past weekend our comm had a swap meet/picnic. I was weirdly excited for this, but probably because of the fact that I would be making money, making some sweet trades, and buying some cool stuff. Mostly was just happy to offload some of the things I didn't fit or just didn't go with my closet at this point, and very happy to buy accessories since those are what my wardrobe really could use more of right now.

The meet was originally planned to take place in the public gardens by the common, but the weather was a bit finicky that day - there was a last minute decision to change the location to the Prudential Center (upscale shopping mall) to play it safe, since it had actual rained a bit (or a lot, in some areas) in the morning. It was a little awkward trying to figure out how to set up at first since when we all came in we gathered in a seating area and set our food up (again, it was gonna be a picnic in a park) on some tables and ate first. But, we noticed at least 3 security guards who had walked past us at different times while we were eating and waiting for people to arrive. Could've totally been a coincidence, but some of us were wondering if the mall was going to come kick us out! The seating area was right near the Pru's courtyard so we ended up setting up outside in the courtyard by a fountain that had a nice little area where we could set our stuff up. I think it worked out better than where we were inside, too, since we were more away from the public (less likely to draw attention to ourselves), the area we found was a bit more private because of the way the fountain walls looped around us, and it also didn't rain!


I am a PRO at #awk candids

 I was selling an AaTP Leclair Chiffon (2013) jsk, a couple random taobao things, and some Bodyline. Not a whole lot of interesting stuff, but I think in the coming months I will definitely keep swap meets in mind before I sell some of my stuff online, since certain items I think are much easier to sell at these things. I did buy some pretty sweet stuff though! A Grimoire fascinator/head accessory, a floral/ram antler head piece, a brooch, and some big platform/RHS-type shoes - something I've really been looking for. Got rid of some stuff I really wanted to get rid of and was happy with that :)










































Part way through the meet some people who worked for the mall started setting up metal barriers in front of the fountain area we were in. We were all a little confused - some people weren't sure if they were trying to kick us out, trying to separate us from the public, or what. The hostess went to go see what was going on (and if we needed to leave), turns out they were setting up for the filming of Ghostbusters! I know they've been in the city filming lately in places like Chinatown, so it was kinda neat I guess to know that that was going to be happening there! If I lived in the city, tbh I probably would've stayed there at the pru just to watch...but it wasn't happening until 9:30 PM Lucky for us - we didn't have to move, they just said they would let us know if we had to leave. Meet started to wrap up a few hours in anyway, as some of us decided to go get some lunch. We went to Wagamama's! First time I went here I wasn't really into the dish I ordered (wasn't what I expected/to my taste) but I was willing to try it again cause I really wanted to like this restaurant, lol. I'm glad I did because the dish I ordered was so freaking delicious.


Moyashi Soba!


Next time I definitely want to try their freshly made juices/smoothies.

Anyways, that's it really, not a whole lot to talk about since it was just us trying to peddle our stuff to each other, lol. All in all I had a really fun time seeing my friends and meeting new faces! Thanks Dillon for hosting this meet :)


Lastly, after dinner/lunch I had some time to kill before catching my train, so I went into Sephora and bought this nifty little thing:



The new Urban Decay Naked Smoky palette! When I saw the preview pictures of this I knew I definitely had to get it, and I'm so glad I did. Packaging is awesome, the shadows are great, and some of the colors throw me back to the first Naked palette. I won't go on with a makeup review tacked on to the end of this post, but it was a really great purchase that I was over the moon to make :)

Now, saving the rest of the money from the meet up for more lolita stuff!

Thanks for reading!

- Kristi


1 comment:

  1. the head accessory is so pretty ^^

    torichux3.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete