Friday, May 15, 2015

Metamorphose Pink Lemonade Series in Mint


Hello everyone!

At first I was going to just make a mail post showcasing the small haul I got from Metamorphose, but since it was mostly items to go with my pink lemonade jsk, I decided to just create a post showcasing the series. The print, though super cute, doesn't have as many different things going on as my last post (Night Carnival) to kind of showcase the details of the print and jsk all on its own, and again, since I bought a bunch of other accessories I decided to just use this post to have look at one of Meta's latest spring releases.

Pink Lemonade opened for reserve on March 20th I believe, at the same time as the sailor series. I wanted both series so bad (the sailor pieces for 2015 are really cute) but I had to pick one, so I decided to go with this series, and I think I'm happy I did because I just love this print - the design is really cute and lovely. There's little bees all over the print with tiny happy faces, lol. Also, what a great print for summer!

This was my first time purchasing a main piece directly from Metamorphose (and a japanese brand in general) that was not one of their lucky packs, as well as my first time ordering something on reserve. I was so excited to get this in the mail! I was also worried about the fit, but the back is fully shirred and Meta has some pretty forgiving, plus size friendly shirring. I am unable to give an exact measurement (though I might try later for lolibrary) but after taking a measuring tape and trying to stretch the dress out, I would estimate that the bust and waist measurements start to max out somewhere at like 115-120 cm, 120 being the very end of the line there, which sounds about right since when I put it on I definitely still have some room. (Something I was concerned about since I am a ~*fattychan*~ and my ~*girls*~ are pretty big.) So, super happy Meta came through on dat shirring.



These photographs are from when I took it right out of the package, so the lace is a bit wonky! I need to sit down and look at the instructions to see if I can iron it or not. Unfortunately I did not take photos of the back shirring, but I may update this post with photos of that at a later time.

Some photos of the print:

look at those bees and their smiling faces!






































The texture of the fabric is interesting! I'm not really sure how you would describe it, all I can say is that it's textured as opposed to just a plain, relatively smooth cotton fabric. The lace is nice - it's soft and I think it fits well with the theme of the print. As much as I like this JSK I'm still not really sure how I feel about the bodice, mostly just the way the lace is arranged on it. Actually, I was more interested in the tiered JSK version, but again I was unsure of the sizing and this jsk was also slightly cheaper. I think in the future I'd really like to get my hands on the lavender version of the tiered jsk but for now, I am happy with this one. Onto the accessories!


A couple headbows and wristcuffs were up at time of the reserve. I knew I wanted the wristcuffs but I wasn't sure if I liked the headbows; I decided I could get the wristcuffs at a later time when the series goes up for regular sale and I could take a look at the headbows then when there would be photographs (for many reserve items, only sketches were released and not actual product photos). I'm glad I decided against the headbow because when I saw photos I didn't like it, lol. I'm also glad I waited to buy accessories in general, because Meta released some more items for this series towards the end of April, including a boater hat, a choker necklace, and earrings. There were two different types of earrings, ones with daises and the little heart-lemon charm featured in the PL series, and ones that looked like lemon slices. I wanted the later but unfortunately I went shopping just a little too late! I did manage to buy the last mint boater hat though! As well as some socks and wristcuffs. (I also got the last chandelier necklace in gold, pictured, but that's unrelated to this series!)































I was most excited for the boater hat tbh. When I opened the package and took it out I fell in love - I think this hat is the bees knees. Definitely want to buy another boater hat to wear this summer.


I love the little honeycomb charm!





























The only downside to the hat is that the bow on the side isn't removable. I wish it was since it would make this hat a lot more versatile - you could wear it with other coords that are mint or need a mint accent. Oh well. The hat itself seems pretty well made, and it's comfortable on my head. The inside has a black band around it.

Next are the wristcuffs. These are super cute, but even though they are up on the shop for purchase, they only have photos of the lavender cuffs (it was like this during reserve too). I wish there was a picture of the mint cuffs, because the cloth on them actually is not a matching mint green but more of a blueish color. Not bad neccessarily - it brings out the blues in the print nicely and I think is a lovely accent color in general, but like the bow on the hat if it was a matching mint green it might make it a little more versatile for some other mint coords. Something to beware of if you are looking to buy these wristcuffs specifically for the mint color for a non-PL coord.


























I still think they're super cute though! Not too overwhelming or gaudy and a nice touch for when you go shortsleeved with this jsk.

The socks are socks, what can I say. Pretty stretchy like other Meta socks (certain designs are more big-calf friendly than others). The design is cute, matches the dress well. I'm glad the socks are off white x mint as opposed to the same mint on the dress, because personally, rarely am I into when socks/tights are the same exact color as the dress.





















If I was smart I would've taken a photo of all the items together, like a little floorspread coord or whatever but I plan on coording this for ILD, so I'll do something like that later.

Overall, I really love this series. The print is cute, I enjoy all the little details and I think it's definitely a perfect print print for summer. I hope you guys enjoy the photos and overview!

- Kristi

4 comments:

  1. The print is so pretty! I haven't seen this release before ^_^

    { sparklesideup.com }

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just love it! too bad it hasn't gotten more attention!

      Delete
  2. omg this is stunning, i have never seen it before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, it's a really lovely print! I thought it would be more popular/get more recognition; seems like it may be more popualr in japan than overseas. more for me I guess haha

      Delete